BOOKKEEPER / COST ACCOUNTANT
Located in Victoria and Duncan, BC, Jade Fine Foods/Arbutus Farms is the collaboration of two “Food Freaks” with long tenure in both the Retail Grocery and Commercial Food Service industries. Jade Fine Foods/Arbutus Farms manufactures and delivers exceptional food solutions that seamlessly bridge leading edge food service systems into the retail environment. As respected brokers with solid relationships with both Independent Retail & Food Service and Major Retail Chains, they service grocery stores nationally.
The ideal candidate to join this growing team is passionate about business and is eager to introduce efficiencies and help the team develop strong cost structures and processes. Confident to bring fresh ideas for systems improvement and efficiencies, the chosen candidate will provide cost-related recommendations to help the organization maximize its potential and profit.
Task and Responsibilities:
• Developing cost standards for food related materials and labour
• Monitoring unit cost variances
• Designing and implementing cost accounting systems and processes
• Analyzing manufacturing operations, equipment, and utilization
• Evaluating production costs and recommending changes
• Overseeing inventory
• Processing hourly payroll
• Works closely with the VP Finance to help guide strategic planning and manufacturing, and make recommendations to support organizational goals to maximize profitability
• Cost of goods sold and production reporting; Other regulatory and ad-hoc reporting as required
Skills/Areas of Expertise:
• Strong technology expertise with accounting software, MS Office Suite
• Understanding and knowledge of accounting terminology
• Experience with enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems an asset
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline, or a combination of education and related experience
• Manufacturing and distribution experience, preferably in the grocery/food industry considered an asset
• Advanced analytical skills, highly organized & detail-orientated
• Strategic thinker; Offers suggestions for improvements
• Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
Jade Fine Foods/Arbutus Farms offers competitive wages, extended health benefits, and a professional and friendly working environment.
If this sounds like it would be the job for you, then the team wants to hear from you!
We thank everyone who is interested; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
COMMERCIAL KITCHEN COOK
Arbutus Ridge Farms is a growing, dynamic and food-safety focused food manufacturing company. We’re currently looking for someone to contribute in our cook’s department, including cooking potatoes, pasta, rotating products through ovens, and all other kettle and oven-related products and ingredients.
The chosen candidate will have a history of consistency, quality, and efficiency. They will be able to deal with changing priorities as each day unfolds and orders arrive.
Strength is an asset, as you will need to be comfortable lifting 20kg+ throughout the day, into large 500kg capacity kettle equipment. If you have experience in kitchens, or banquets, or commercial kitchen experience, we would like to hear from you. This position reports to our Production Managers.
Job Type: Full-time
Positions also available in:
1 Year kitchen/food production experience–with minimum of current Food Safe Level 1
We are looking for dedicated team players with a positive attitude, strong work ethic and are physically fit.
When you join our team, we offer:
Please email or drop off your resume and proof of qualifications to